What is a Limited Edition Print?
To order a print... click on any image from the Paintings page, scroll down, select 'Limited Edition Print' and click 'Add to Cart'
Sofia Minson's limited edition prints are of the highest standard Fine-Art digital reproductions available in the world.
They are created by first capturing the original painting as a high resolution digital image. They are then printed using light-fast pigments on museum quality, acid-free paper with advanced ink-jet technology.
These prints are superior in beauty, quality and durability, lasting up to 120 years before any colour change is apparent to the human eye.
The artwork is hand-embossed with a Sofia Minson signature, given an edition number and comes with a signed certificate of authenticity from the artist. The value of a published artwork like this will increase over the years with the profile of the artist.
Sofia Minson's limited edition prints are:
- Printed by the expert Kevin Church from Opticmix Ltd in Auckland
- Square or rectangular in shape, see each artwork for its print measurements at the bottom of its product page
- Proofed by the artist and personally embossed with a Sofia Minson signature.
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity that is signed by the artist and contains the artwork title, date and unique edition number.
- Available in editions of 95, 75 or special editions of 30.
- Printed on matte paper of museum archival quality - hahnemuhle photo rag 308gsm
- Surrounded by an unprinted white border.
- Delivered unframed (see framing advice below) in protective tube or sleeve
- Shipped for free within NZ and $35 everywhere else (prices are NZD)
How do I order a print?
Click on an image that you like from the Paintings page
Scroll down and select 'Limited Edition Print'
Click 'Add to Cart' to purchase
From there it is an easy online shopping cart process to have a print delivered to your door, anywhere in the world.
Make sure you select your country for shipping and click Update Your Cart Total.
Then click Checkout and follow the payment instructions.
How do I handle my new print with care?
- Your print will arrive rolled in a protective tube. It is recommended that any handling and especially back-rolling to remove curl is only undertaken by an expert framer or someone with experience in working with paper.
- Extra care should be taken to not get any dust or moisture on the print. Removal of dust from the surface should be managed with an air source or very soft brush, not by using a cloth or hand.
- Glass should cover the print as the ink is vulnerable to water damage. Don't hang your print on a wall that receives direct sun.
- If displaying your print behind standard framing glass in standard lighting conditions (not in direct sunlight) your artwork is estimated to show no noticeable fading for at least 80 years.
- If UV museum glass is used this time is suggested to exceed 200 years.
How do I frame my print?
When you receive the print it will be unframed so you can frame it how you wish.
This diagram shows suggested measurements for framing only.
The artist's personal recommendation is that you ask your framer to surround the image with a generous 7 - 13cm cardboard matting of any colour that highlights the image, white is usually a good bet.
Glass should cover the print as the ink is vulnerable to water damage. Normal glass or non-reflective glass are both fine. Ideally don't hang your print on a wall that receives direct sun.
Sofia has used three Auckland picture framers who she can highly recommend:
- State of the Art Framing
418 Titirangi Rd, Titirangi, Auckland
Phone (09) 813 6775
- Homestead Picture Framers
102 Railside Avenue, Henderson, Waitakere, Auckland
Phone (09) 838 6920
- Master Frame NZ
143 Marua Road, Ellerslie, Auckland
Phone (09) 580 0966